Now more than ever, art can help lift our spirits and support our well-being. Stay connected with the Public Art Centre at home with our online activities, exhibitions and explore your local artists. Visit our Access to Art online art education page for great programs and activities.
In order to commemorate the life and artistic achievements of Clark McDougall and to encourage and support future generations of artists, a scholarship fund has been established in Clark McDougall's name by his family. Each year two $1000.00 awards are presented to two graduating secondary school students from St. Thomas and Elgin County, who are pursuing visual or graphic arts at a post secondary level.
1. $1000.00 for any graduating student entering a traditional post secondary fine arts program which included studio courses in drawing and painting.
2. $1000.00 for any graduating student entering any other post secondary visual arts program which may include arts, photography, design and architecture or any other program deemed appropriate by the selection committee.
1. Student are required to apply in person to the St. Thomas-Elgin Public Art Centre with the following:
2. Four (4) original works of art
3. Works labeled on the back with artist's name, titled, date and medium
4. A letter outlining career objectives and which of the two school scholarships is being applied for
5. The student's SIN # must be included
6. A confirmation of acceptance to a first year fine arts/visual arts program at a post secondary institution
Deadline for submissions is June 25, 2021 during our operating hours. If you are having difficulties delivering your submission please contact us here...